Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring and its wonders

Well Spring has hit, meaning its unpredicatble weather and storms. I love the storms part but wow, 95 degrees one day then 40 the next?

Rain, cleans. I enjoy rain. I enjoy the wind and the lightening and the thunder. Everyone I know hates rain but I love it. I love running through it. I still like to put my harness boots on and splash in puddles. I love driving my car through deep puddles in the streets, throwing a massive amount of water all over the place and freaking out the other drivers. I love that smell of rust and metal you get just before an electrical storm and how the trees show the undersides of their leaves from the updrafts of the air. People also don't realise what they are smelling is ionization. I so want to duplicate that in a lab somewhere. "Crazy Marcus' Ionization in a can smell". Its like new car smell but better. You can get that smell too when you know you are going to get a massive snowstorm. Electrical snowstorms are the best. The white powder coming down, the sound of thunder, the sky turning a greenish-yellow and it reflects on the fallen snow. So beautiful.

I have been busy with CIB Radio gigs lately. Working keeps me focused and happy. I just don't want to give the apperance to my fellow DJ's I am trying to take over CIB Radio, I am not. I just want it to succeed. I have added hundereds of new songs on my library of music and my Rave on the Rood tonight is not actually in Kintyre but on Erasmus and AutopilotPatty's roof which they have graciously allowed me to setup on. I like what the three of us have come up with for decorations. I think its going to be a fun time, I just need to get the word out about the location change. Half my playlist tonight is new music. Change can be positive and good and I think adding more music is great to keep us fresh.

With May comes new weather, new Spring, new ideas and new changes. All of which I feel are good awakenings for me, my mind, my body, my spirit.

No comments: